2.3.Install the Downloaded Product
The naming convention of the downloaded package is as <namespace_modulename-version.zip>.
For example ced_ebspayment-1.0.0.zip.
Here are some prerequisites that the user has to verify before installation:
- Magento Version Community Edition 2.0 is already installed.
- In case of any dependency on any extension, the relevant extension should be already installed.
To Add the Module to the Magento 2 Directory
- Extract the downloaded package <namespace_modulename-version.zip>.
Note: After extracting the compressed file, check whether the available folder is /app or <ModuleName>.
If the available folder is /app, then go to step 1- a. If the available folder is <ModuleName>, then go to step 1- b.
a. Copy the /app folder from the provided package and paste it into the <Magento 2 Folder>.
b. Copy the folder <ModuleName> from the provided package and paste it to the <Magento 2 Folder>/app/code/Ced.
Note: Create the required folder structure in the system if it does not exist.
- Open the terminal (cmd) and do the following steps:
a. Change the directory to Magento 2 root directory using the cd command.
b. Run the command:
php bin\magento setup:upgrade
Note: Only after completion of Step 2- b, follow the step 2-c
c. Run the command:
php bin\magento setup:static-content:deploy
Note: Only after completion of Step 2- c, follow the Step 2-d:
d. Run the command:
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Note: If php is not accessible globally then replace php with complete path of php.
- Go to the Admin panel of the store, and first clear the Magento 2 cache.