Attribute Value Mapping
Introducing Value Mapping feature in the CedCommerce Amazon Channel app for Shopify sellers. This feature is designed to simplify the process of product listing on Amazon and promptly follow listing standards. By mapping appropriate attribute values, such as different values of size, color, and pattern, you can improve the visibility of your products on Amazon and increase sales. Let’s walk you through the steps of using the Value Mapping feature effectively.
The Value Mapping feature allows you to map the Amazon-accepted attribute values with your Shopify products. This mapping process only modifies the attribute values for Amazon, without changing them on your Shopify store. It provides a seamless and efficient way to map the required attributes quickly, ensuring they meet the standards of the Amazon marketplace. Value Mapping is available for Templates based on the categories. It is possible to use this feature only for these categories which have variants.
Here is how it works!
For instance, if Shopify uses ‘S’ for the ‘Size’ attribute and correspondingly Amazon requires ‘Small’ for the ‘Size Name’ attribute. Using a template you can map Shopify’s ‘Size’ attribute with Amazon’s ‘Size Name’ attribute and then using ‘Value Mapping’ you can map their values i.e. ‘S’ to ‘Small.’ This ensures your listings match Amazon’s standards without altering your Shopify store.
Exceptions: Currently, within the Value Mapping section of the CedCommerce Amazon Channel App, certain attributes essential for mapping are not being displayed due to some exceptions. These encompass vital elements like,
Shopify attributes: Title, description, handle, type, SKU, barcode, price, tags, quantity, and brand.
Amazon attribute: Variation theme
App specific attribute: Type
How to Use the Value Mapping Feature:
- You can access Value Mapping from either on the Template grid or after saving a Template if it meets the criteria.
- Click on the Map attribute value link on the template grid or after saving the template that prompts you to map values for your attributes.
- Once you open the value mapping section, you will see a list of Shopify attributes based on available Variants.
- For each of the Shopify attributes, the corresponding Amazon attribute values will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
- When you click on the Amazon attribute, a dropdown will open with the list of standard Amazon-acceptable attribute values.
- Carefully evaluate the available Amazon attribute values and choose the one that best matches your Shopify attribute value.
- Once you have mapped all the Shopify attribute values review your selections.
- Ensure that each Shopify attribute value is paired with the most suitable Amazon attribute value.
- If you are satisfied with the mappings, click the “Save” button to finalize and save the mapping.