Whenever you will add a new product to your Shopify store with new Product Type then, in that case, it is necessary to map the Product Type to the category with the Jet Category.
Why is Category Mapping Done?
Category Mapping is the process of mapping your Shopify Product Type with the Jet Category in which you want to list down your products on jet.com. The Category with which you will map your products type your product will be listed under that category.
For example, If you are selling Clothing type Products then you will select “Men’s Clothing, Shoes & Accessories” as Jet’s main category, “Men’s Clothing” as sub-category and “Men’s Pants” as the sub-category.
To Map, the Jet Category, follow the given steps,
- Click on Products on the Top Navigation Bar. Then select “Map Category”
- As soon as you click on “Map Category” the following page will get displayed.
- Select the main Jet Category Under “Jet Category Name“.
- After that select a sub-category.
- Then select both the Sub-categories.
- Click on “SUBMIT” button.
A message will be displayed stating “Jet Categories are mapped successfully with Product Type”.