Editing Product Details in Application
Editing a product allows you to modify major details about the product. Once edited, the product details get updated and the same will be used when the product gets revised or uploaded on all linked accounts for the eBay marketplace.
Editing Product Details and Performing Actions
The section lets you view as well as edit the details of the product and upload & revise it on all connected eBay accounts. To complete the process you need to go to the respective tabs of the product details that you wish to edit and update on all your linked and active eBay accounts.
Performing Actions on Product
The top right corner of the app lets you Save or Discard the changes made to the product. It also lets you perform actions like Upload and Revise on eBay along with Syncing the product details from Shopify.
- Upload & Revise on eBay: Upload the product on eBay marketplace or if the product already exists there the action lets Revise the listing on all eBay accounts.
- Sync from Shopify: Updates the details for the given product by syncing it from Shopify. Any past changes made to the listing will be updated with the synced details from Shopify.
Note: The action takes into account the preference set for the product in the App to eBay settings available on Product Settings under the Configuration section of the application.
You can view and customize the following details under the Basic Details section by ticking on the checkbox against the Set as a Custom option for the respective fields.
- Title: View the Shopify title for the product or customize it if you wish to use a different title on eBay.
- Vendor: View the Vendor details set on Shopify for the product. You can customize it as well before listing it on eBay.
- Product Type: View the Shopify Product type for the product or customize it if you want to set a different product type under which your products will fall on eBay.
- Tags: View all the tags from Shopify assigned to the product. You can Add and remove the respective tags as per your requirement before uploading them to linked eBay accounts.
The app lets you view the description imported from Shopify for the products. You can edit the description by selecting the Set Custom option to edit the product description by adding SEO-friendly content for eBay’s search console.
The variants tab shows you the imported data for variants that were imported for the given product. You can toggle between the Shopify variants and Custom values where you can modify the variants detail.
The variant details you can modify includes,
- Include* (enable to make sure the variant gets listed on the desired eBay seller account linked to the app)
- Weight Unit
- Displays other attributes set on Shopify for the product. This attribute can be Size, Color, Model, etc.
*Include/Exclude Variants when listing on eBay
You also get to select which variants of the product you wish to upload on the eBay marketplace by toggling between enable and disable buttons. The variants you select will only get uploaded helping you keep the exclusives for your Shopify store. By default, you need to upload at least one variant when uploading products on your eBay account.
The tab shows the images available for the product that’ll be uploaded to the eBay marketplace. You can add upto 24 images per product.
Note: You can not update the images for a product from the App.
With meta fields, you can store extra information about products. The app display the Shopify metafields for product that you manually imported into the app.
Note: Metafields can not be edited from the app for products.
Additional details are the product details that are unique to a particular product that can be used for them when listing on eBay. The app lets you utilize them for shipping and listing enhancement purpose. These details can be added
The option lets you assign product dimensions to the product before shipping it. The options lets you enter these details that lets you use calculated shipping services for shipments. You get to enter the given dimensions of products,
It shows you the nature of the packaging that’ll be used to ship the item(s). Make sure you use it when dealing in Furnitures or other similar large goods.
Enabling the field puts the listing as Private on eBay Marketplace. Private listing allows buyers to remain anonymous when they bid or buy an item. It keeps specific details hidden to other buyers.
The subtitle appears in the list view of eBay search results. The more descriptive information you provide, the more likely it is to increase buyer interest. You can add subtitles individually to each product.
The product data shows you the complete data for the product in accordance with eBay. You also get to view the API response for the listing of eBay Product Data.
It shows the errors that have been issued by eBay for your product when the listing was created. Errors needs to be fixed to upload a product successfully on the connected and active eBay seller account.