Onboarding Process for the Application
Once you’ve installed the App you need to onboard it to reach the dashboard and start selling on eBay through the application. The onboarding has been divided into three segments where you get acquainted with the prerequisites of using the CedCommerce eBay Integration app to instate the comprehensive selling experience on eBay.
The steps involved in onboarding include,
eBay Seller Account should be active and available for selling
Suppose the eBay seller account you want to use has been suspended for some reason by eBay. You need to reinstate that suspended account to continue selling on eBay.
Do not use a similar Shopify app/sales channel for eBay
It is highly recommended that you disconnect and uninstall all such apps that integrate your eBay Seller Account with the Shopify Store.
Using multiple apps to integrate your Shopify store eBay Seller Account may lead to duplicate order creation from eBay to your Shopify store.
Also, having multiple apps means a different user data feed may get uploaded to the eBay seller account from one of the multiple apps. This updated data may be incorrect/outdated in respect of the present status of the product.
To avoid any such inaccuracy in data, it is advised that you disconnect and discontinue using any integration service app for the eBay marketplace and Shopify store.
Things to Keep in Mind When Onboarding
Make sure you connect an eBay account with only one Shopify store. Also, make sure the account you connect is an active account (not a suspended or restricted account).
When using a new eBay Account
Make sure to check if the setup is complete. Kindly check if you have access to upload the products on eBay under certain categories.
How to check if your account is restricted?
You will receive an email when eBay suspends your account, restricts your account, or puts a hold on your account. This email will also explain what you should do to regain access to your account.
You can find a copy of the mail in your Messages on the eBay seller panel.
You need to complete the following steps to link your eBay account,
- Select the Live Account option (selected by default)
- Select the country in which your seller account exists
- Click on the connect button once you’ve selected the first two options.
Once you click on connect,
- You will be redirected to the eBay website on which you have a seller account.
- Enter your eBay credentials and log in to the account.
- In case you do not have an eBay account yet, register yourself and create your seller account.
- Once done, click on Agree and Continue.
Set Item Location
The onboarding steps also require you to enter your item location for products that will be visible on eBay to the buyers.
- Select the country where your warehouse is located from the drop-down.
- Enter the Zipcode and finally the item location.
Configuring Required Settings
The configuration setup lets you configure the import settings for products to bring them into the app from the Shopify Store.
Import Shopify Products
You can import products from the Shopify store using either of the two methods.
Import by Filter(s)
To import the products from Shopify to the app you get to apply up to 4 filters. The app will consider all the conditions that you’ve applied for your products while importing them from Shopify. The available filters include,
Note: By default, the app imports products that fall under Published status from Shopify.
- Published Status: Set the published status of the Products to import the selected items into the app based on their published status on Shopify,
- Product Status: Set the product status of the Products to import the selected items into the app. You can opt from the following product status,
- Vendor: Select the vendor to import only its respective products into the application. You may find a list of all the available vendors on Shopify.
Note: By default, products from all vendor(s) are imported that have a published status assigned to them on Shopify.
- Product Type: Import products from Shopify based on the type of product under which it has been listed on Shopify. Selecting a product type will import all the products listed under it.
Note: By default, all product types are imported that have a published status assigned to them on Shopify.
Import by Collection
Selecting a collection available on Shopify lets you import products into the app assigned under it.
Note: By default, all the collections get imported into the app that have a published status assigned to them on Shopify.
Manage eBay Orders?
Select from the option of Yes or No to confirm whether you wish to manage orders on eBay from the application.
Selecting a Plan
The fourth and final onboarding step includes selecting a plan and completing its payment.
Note: You can skip the plan subscription and explore the app, where you’ll get one year of free access to the app capped at 50 Products Credit and 10 Order credits per month, which will be set to renew each month.
Once you decide to move ahead with the subscriptions please visit the plans section or connect with our technical support team to find the best plan that will suit your business.