Adding a New Profile
TO ADD A NEW PROFILE,
- Go to the Magento admin panel.
- On the top navigation bar, place cursor on Ebay Basic.
- When the menu appears, click Manage Ebay Basic Profiles.
- On clicking it, you will be navigated to a page as shown below:
- Click the Add New Profile button on the top right side of the page.
The New Profile page appears as shown in the following figure:
- In Profile Code, enter the profile code which is for your internal use.
- In Profile Name, enter the name that you want for your profile.
- In Status, select the status that you want for your profile. You need to select Active for your profile to be active after it has been created.
Now, click on Ebay Basic Category Mapping from the menu on the left of the page. The section will appear as:
- In Ebay Basic Category Mapping, select preferred Ebay Basic category to be mapped. On selecting it, a child category field will appear and you will have to choose a child category from it.
- Once the child category has been selected, the Ebay Basic / Magento Attribute Mapping (Required/Optional mapping) section will expand and the section will appear as:
- In the Magento Catalog Attribute column, select the required Magento attribute from the corresponding list to map it with the corresponding Ebay attribute present on the left side of the table.
- In case the required attribute does not exist in the corresponding list, select –Set Default Value– from the corresponding list. A box will appear in the Default Value column next to corresponding Magento Catalog Attribute column as shown below:
- Enter the Default Value in the box as per your need.
- Click the Add Attribute button to add more attributes.
In the left navigation panel, click the Profile Products menu.
The page appears as shown:
- Click the Reset Filter button on the top right side of page. All the products will be listed in the table as shown below:
- Select the check boxes associated with the required products that you want to assign to the profile.
( Note: Admin can assign one product to one profile only. It means, admin can assign multiple products to the same profile but can associate a product only to one profile at one time. To assign a product to another profile, the admin has to remove that product from the currently assigned profile.)
- Click Select All to select all the products available in the store.
(Note: To clear the selection, click the Unselect All link.)
- Click the Select Visible link to select the products displayed on the current page.
(Note: To clear the selection, click the Unselect Visible link.)
- Click the Save button. The profile will be created and you will be navigated to the Ebay Basic Profile Listing page. A success message will appear on the page and the newly created profile will be listed in the column.
- Or you may click the Save and Continue Edit button to save the created profile and continue editing, if required.
- You may also click the Save and Upload Product button to save the profile and upload the products on Ebay. The assigned products will be listed on the Product Manager page and a success message will appear.