Walmart Category Mapping
Whenever you will add a new product to your Shopify store with a new Product Type then, in that case, it is necessary to map the Product Type with the category with the Walmart Category.
Why is Category Mapping Done?
Category Mapping is the process of mapping your Shopify Product Type with the Walmart Category in which you want to list down your products on walmart.com. The Category with which you will map your products type your product will be listed under that category.
For example, If you are selling Clothing type Products then you will select “Clothing Category” as Walmart’s main category and “Clothing” as the sub-category.
Category Mapping page appears as shown in the following figure
To do the category mapping follow the below steps,
- Click on Product.
- Click on “Category Mapping“.
- Click on the “Add New Row” button to add the new Walmart Category, as shown in the following figure:
- In the SHOPIFY PRODUCT TYPE column, select the required product types from the respective lists.
- In the TAX CODES text field, enter the required tax code copied from the Walmart Tax Codes page.
- Click the (view detail) link to find the best Walmart Tax Codes for your products.
- In the WALMART CATEGORY NAME column, select the required categories and the sub-categories from the respective lists.
- Scroll down and select the appropriate Walmart Category for the product types.
- Click on the “Save” button.
A message will be displayed stating “Walmart Categories are mapped successfully with Product Type”.