Etsy is a peer-to-peer (P2P) e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies. It is an online marketplace that provides the general public with a way to buy and sell handmade items, including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, and toys.
Launched on June 18, 2005, Etsy.com is popular as a side-business as well as a place to buy goods made from recycled and upcycled materials along with the less expensive or more unusual versions of mass-produced items.
Etsy is the marketplace who sells its products through various website links specific to various countries such as Etsy.com, Etsy.co.uk, Etsy.for, Etsy.it, Etsy.de, Etsy.se, and so on.
Etsy Opencart Integration at CedCommerce involves the integration of the Opencart store with the Etsy marketplace.
The Etsy Opencart Integration extension helps the store owner to synchronize the product listing between your Opencart store and the Etsy retailers. The Opencart store owner can also manage the Etsy orders on the Opencart stores without making any significant changes in the operational functionalities.
The Opencart Store owner has an ability to synchronize the orders, products, pricing, and inventory through establishing the interaction between the Etsy API and the Opencart store. One of the most important features is that it enables the merchant to create the Etsy Categories and its dependent attributes on the Opencart store. Thus, it helps to configure the desired product category to the Opencart store for automatic submission of the selected product to the same category on Etsy marketplace.
Product Data Validation: Enables the admin to validate the product information based on Etsy standard and values.
Stock Update: Stocks are updated automatically on both ends as stock status is updated in the local shop or as an order is marked as shipped by Etsy.
- Bulk Upload: Facilitates the admin to upload a large number of products in bulk with a single click and hence reduces the work of manual upload.
- Etsy Order Management: The orders are easily acknowledged or canceled through centralized order management system.
- Automated Shipment Process: Admin can automate the shipment process with Shipstation and Shipwork if installed; else, the merchant can ship the product manually as usual.
- Complete Synchronization: Establishes an auto-synchronization of the product listing, order, inventory, return and refund, and pricing at regular intervals between Opencart and etsy.com.
- Product Category Mapping: Follows many-to-one category mapping philosophy. Admin can map many categories of the Opencart store to the single category of etsy.com.
- Error Notification: For the entire failed products upload, corresponding errors appear. It enables the store owner to view the errors, rectify them to re-upload the products immediately.
- Easy Return and Refund Process: The store owner can easily fetch the returns generated on etsy.com and list it to the Opencart store.