Whenever any new products added to the Shopify store with a new Product Type, then, in that case, it is necessary to map the Product Type with the Walmart.ca category.
Why Category Mapping required?
Category Mapping is the process to map Shopify product type with the Walmart Canada Category in which you want to list your products on walmart.ca.
For example, If you are selling Clothing-type Products, you will select “Clothing Category” as Walmart Canada’s main category and “Clothing” as the sub-category.
To Map, the Walmart Canada Category, follow the given steps,
- Click on Category. Then select “Category Mapping.”
- As soon as you click on “Category Mapping,” the following page will get displayed.
- Click on the Add New Row button to select the Shopify product type and map it to Walmart Canada Category.
- Select the Category Under “Walmart Category Name.“
- After that, select a sub-category.
- Then comes the Column for “TAX CODES” to set the tax code of your product.
- Under the “Shopify Product Type” column, put the cursor inside the text field, all your unmapped Product Types will get listed. Select the Product Type that you want to Map.
- Click to “Save” button.
A message will be displayed, stating, “Walmart Categories mapped successfully.”